The origin of peach
Peach (Prunus persica) originates from China, for which it was called Persian apple. With the advent of Marco Polo, peach was transferred to the soil of Europe, where it began to grown in orchards. Later, peaches spread in warmer parts of the world where now grown in to over 2 500 different species.
Characteristics of peach
Peach belongs to the family of roses, and it is often found in rounded to oval shape, depending on the species. Characteristic of peaches is to have a beautiful red-yellow outer peel, which is thin, soft and covered with hairs. There are also kinds of peaches that are not covered with hairs, but are smooth and shiny.
What is common for all types of peaches is that it contains the highest water content (85-90%) and an abundance of plant insoluble fibbers.
In addition to juicy and ripe fruit of peach, folk medicine uses peach leaves for the treatment, as well as inner core of peach for producing unrefined oil.
Nutritional composition of peach
In addition to the abundance of water, peach contains a multitude of important minerals and vitamins, as well as natural sugars and very little fat, which is why the peach one of the foods with low fat content.
Vitamin composition of peaches for the most part belongs to the beta-carotene (provitamin of vitamin A), of which encourages characteristic red-orange color of outer crust. Of the vitamins there are also present vitamin C, vitamin E, as well as vitamins B3, B5, B6, B2, B9 and vitamin H.
The peach is the most abundant in mineral potassium, and then follow the iron, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, sulfur, sodium.
Health Benefits of Peach
1. The fruit of peach is an excellent natural diuretic - the presence of potassium and sodium in peach promotes the excretion of excess fluid from the body, which why it is recommended to eat peach of person suffers from leg oedema and soreness.
2. Peach lowers cholesterol - an abundance of fibber and pectin in peach does not enables that fat from food is binding and passes into the blood, but that eliminates an intestine through. On that way, peach regulates cholesterol levels in the blood, preventing the formation and various cardiovascular diseases.
3. One peach indicates daily intake of fibber - Peach is extremely important for proper digestion and normal bowel movements. It promotes the secretion of gastric and intestinal juices and provides a daily bowel movement.
4. Due to the abundance of antioxidant substances, peach prevent the occurrence of tumour cells.
5. Due to the high concentration of vitamin B2, peach is important in the growth and development of children.
6. Peach contains carotenoids, vitamin B complex, which is important to preserve the good vision and healthy and youthful skin. Because of its wealth of minerals and vitamins is recommended for massaging sensitive, dry or older skin, which becomes supple and elastic.
7. Peach juice is recommended for patients with cardiac arrhythmia, for reducing secretion of gastric acid, and in the state of sensitive nervous system. Only it is not recommended to diabetics, because peach contains high percentage of sugars and people allergic to this fruit.
8. Peach contains copper and iron, two important microelements in production of haemoglobin and red blood cells. Diet that includes peach can prevent the occurrence of anemia.
9. It is believed that peach raises sexual power and fertility of men.
10. If you regularly consume peaches, you will get large amounts of vitamin C, which contributes to the health of bones, cartilage, teeth and gums. Also, vitamin C protects against infection, enhances iron absorption and accelerates wound healing.
The use of peaches in food
For peach is best to be consumed in fresh condition and possibly to not removing peel, for it is one that is rich in vegetable fibbers and pectin.
In the market, peach can be found in dried form, which can be added to oatmeal, yogurt or shakes.
From peach can be produce jams, jellies, puddings, and fruit salads and fruit juices.
From the kernel of peach, China's people traditionally produced oil from the kernel of peach, which possessing immeasurable number of positive medicinal properties by the body.
In any case, doctors advise not to exaggerate with the oil because in large quantities can have harmful effects, especially in pregnant women, which it otherwise should not be used at all.