What is the nutritional profile of raspberry?
Raspberry (Rubus idaeus) is a refreshing sweet fruit, which belongs to berries, along with blackberry and strawberry.
It is believed that raspberries was grown on the soil of the South Europe and Asia in ancient times, and especially the Greeks used a lot for the purpose of treatment of infertility.
As for the nutritional composition should be said that raspberry belongs to category of low-calorie fruits, which is why it can be used in a weight loss diet.
The water is represented with 86%, proteins 1.2%, fats 0.65% and carbohydrates account for 12%. Vegetable fibers in raspberries are fairly represented.
Since vitamins, raspberry is rich in vitamin C, vitamin E and K. There is also represented folic acid and vitamin B5.
Mineral composition of raspberry makes potassium, magnesium, manganese, copper.
What raspberry stands out from the rest of the fruits is high antioxidant power, which comes from a large content of antioxidants, which are not lost during the freezing process or during heat treatment of raspberries.
Anthocyanins are the major antioxidants in berries, which also give her a nice red color.
The content known as ellagic acid in raspberries is also high, which brings raspberry to important category of foods that fight against tumors.
What are the Health Benefits of raspberry?
1. Prevents the occurrence of anemia.
2. It is used in the treatment of diseases of the stomach and intestines. It is used to treat diarrhea and hemorrhoids. It removes nausea and vomiting.
3. It is used for treating infections of the urinary tract.
4. Tea of Raspberry is drinking during the cold and flu when fever is present.
5. Cleanse and strengthens blood vessels.
6. Provides the necessary energy and enhances immune system.
7. Raspberry has benefits in the treatment of skin changes - rashes, allergies, wounds, eczema.
8. Raspberry leaf tea is used for removal of sterility in women, strengthens the wall of the uterus and unclogs fallopian tubes. It removes the uterus cramps and regulates the bleeding.
9. Raspberry possesses anti-cancer operation - reducing antioxidant activity and prevents the formation of tumor cells in the colon, uterus, and prostate.
10. In cosmetics, raspberry fruit is especially effective for oily skin, but with the addition of a suitable vegetable oil it is used for dry, sensitive, mature and damaged skin. The richness of vitamin C and ellagic acid provides chemical and mechanical exfoliation.